2.7
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I recently upgraded to 20Mbps ADSL2+ service with CCI. When I do speed tests with their inhouse speed test the maximum rate is 16+ Mbps and the lowest is about 13 Mbps. These speeds are similar to the OOKLA website speed test results.

When I contacted CCI Tech support, I was told that they only guarantee 80% of the advertised speed. So this is a company that makes an offer of a speed with NO intention of meeting that speed and have the unmitigated gall to hide behind the "we never promised anything more than 80% of our advertised speed," but we never told you that until you call to get what you are supposedly paying for. After multiple calls and railing about the bogus offer and requesting a reduced rate, the CS agent gave me a $20 credit as "one time offer." So much for keeping customers happy!!! NOT!!!

This is a scam if there ever was one, no wonder the landline companies are slowly failing and will go our of business sooner or later. This is a fundamental problem with allowing any company a monopoly on a service or on this case a duopoly with the cable company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Consolidated Communications Internet Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Cs and tech support seemed competent.

I didn't like: Bait and switch adsl2plus offer hi speed and deliver less speed.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 14, 2016.

Comments